Effective Date: June 2021
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect various kinds of information that you provide to us as well as information we obtain from your use of the Site. Some of the types of information that we collect include:
Personal Information. “Personal Information” identifies, directly or indirectly, a particular individual. Personal Information includes: (1) contact data, such as name, e-mail address, and telephone number; (2) demographic data, such as gender, date of birth, and zip code; (3) certain Usage Data (defined below); (4) transaction information you provide when you request information, contact us or purchase a product or service from us, such as postal address and payment information; and (5) location information, including information that is provided by a mobile or other device interacting with the Site (including through beacon technologies), or that is associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
Usage Data. “Usage Data” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual. Usage Data includes: (1) technical information, including your browser type, service provider, IP address, operating system, and webpages visited; and (2) information about what you have searched for and looked at while using the Site. Generally, we do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify a particular individual. Personal Information and Usage Data may be linked together. Different types of Usage Information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify a particular individual. Some Usage Data may be Personal Information under applicable law.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
From you. We may collect information you provide to us when you: (1) request or purchase products, services, or information from us; (2) register an account with us (including if you link your profile on a Third Party Service with your registration account); (3) respond to surveys; or (4) otherwise interact with the Site using one or more devices. You may provide information in a variety of ways, including by typing or using voice commands.
Usage Data. We may automatically collect Usage Data when you interact with the Site.
From cookies and other tracking technologies. We and certain service providers operating on our behalf may collect information about your activity, or activity on devices associated with you, on the Site using tracking technologies such as cookies, log files, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons. Details about some of these tracking technologies are set forth below. We may use these technologies for many purposes, including (1) providing you with useful features; (2) delivering relevant content and advertising to you; (3) monitoring, evaluating, and optimizing the use and operation of the Site; and (4) analyzing traffic on the Site.
We may collect information whether or not you are logged in or registered, and may associate this tracking data with your registration account (if you have one), in which case we will treat it as Personal Information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on the Site, on devices associated with you, and on Third Party Services using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties may be used to decide which ads you see both on the Site and Third Party Services.
Examples of online tracking technologies include:
- A cookie is a piece of information that a website places on your computer's hard drive when you visit the website. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site and help us analyze Site usage more accurately. For instance, our Site may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Site without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. We may contract with third-party service providers to provide functions related to the Site, and such service providers may be authorized to place cookies on your device, or collect information from you or your device on our behalf, to enable such functions, including by displaying targeted ads on the Site.
- You can often choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies via your browser settings. On most web browsers, you will find a “Help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notifications when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. If you turn cookies off, you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Site’s features.
- Your browser may also provide you with the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites you visit. This signal is used to request that websites not send the requesting device cookies, but websites have no obligation to respond to such signal or to modify their operation. At the current time, the Site will not treat you differently if we receive Do Not Track signals from your browser and we may not comply with Do Not Track settings on your browser.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Identify you when you visit the Site;
- Provide you with products and services that you request;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on the Site or changes to our policies;
- Send you marketing and promotional materials for our products and services or third party products and services that may be of interest;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on the Site;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop or improve the Site and our products, services, and operations, including by using survey research and analytics tools; and
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users and customers, we may conduct research on user and customer demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Personal Information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may use this aggregate data for our business purposes and may share such aggregate data with our affiliates and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to describe our services to current and prospective business partners and other third parties for other lawful purposes.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share your Personal Information with a third party outside of our affiliates except as described at the time information is collected or in other limited circumstances, including:
When you consent. We may share Personal Information with third parties if you have given us your consent to do so. We will only share Sensitive Personal Information when you have given us your “opt-in” consent.
To perform services. We may disclose Personal Information to third parties to perform services requested or functions initiated by users, such as processing payments, fulfilling orders, and delivering packages. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information to identify a user in connection with communications sent through the Site. We also may offer users the opportunity to share information with friends and other users through the Site.
With third-party service providers performing services on our behalf. We share information, including Personal Information, with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them, such as hosting and data analysis. We may share information as needed to operate other related services.
For legal purposes. We may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request, or other legal or regulatory processes, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
During corporate changes. We may transfer information, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition, or other change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated company (in each case whether in whole or in part).
INFORMATION STORAGE AND SECURITY
We respect your choice of how your information is used and shared. We will use reasonable efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information, so that you may correct, update or delete any inaccurate information or your account, and we will accept requests from you to update your information. In addition, if you do not want us to use or share your information for marketing purposes or to inform you about products and services that may be of interest to you, you may notify us by selecting or deselecting appropriate options presented to you when we collect your information, or by notifying us afterward. We comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act; you can always opt-out of receiving further email correspondence from us.
If required by law, we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another business purpose.
DISCLAIMER: NOT CHILD-DIRECTED
The Site is not intended for use by children. If you are under the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Site only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
Consistent with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Site and subsequently we will delete that information.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
Please note that all comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted, or offered by you to us about or through the Site (collectively, “Comments”) shall be and remain our property. We are not under any obligation to maintain any Comments in confidence, to pay any compensation for any Comments, or, unless required by applicable law, to respond to any Comments.
NOTICE TO EU VISITORS
Any Personal Information collected about EU visitors through the Site is processed in the United States by us or by a party acting on our behalf. When you provide Personal Information to us through the Site, you consent to the processing of your data in the United States. The Site is hosted in the United States.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may permit you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to third parties for third parties direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like this information, please submit a written request to us. In addition, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content.